Sunday, July 27, 2008

Not Just a Ticket to Ride

Original MySpace blog posted on Thursday, November 8, 2007


Hello!


So, did you think about the question I asked you two weeks ago? If you were to die tonight, and were standing before God Almighty, and He asked you, "Why should I allow you into my heaven?" how would you respond?

Some folks answer, "Well, I'm a good person. I've never done any really bad things, like stealing, or committed adultery. I've never killed anybody, like Jeffery Dahlmer."

Well, that's all fine and good, but the bible says in Isaiah 64:6 "We are all infected and impure with sin. They are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall ,and our sins sweep us away like the wind."

Maybe you would say, "Hey, I've done all these good things, like give to the Salvation Army, Meals on Wheels, Habitat for Humanity. I mow old widow Jones yard every week. And I help out every Thanksgiving with the homeless dinner."

Again, that's a good list of things, and you're to be commended. But God's Word says, "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it." Ephesians 2:8-9

Maybe you'll answer, "I've lived my life on my own terms. It's my life." Bold statement to be telling the Almighty. But the Almighty say's in His Word, "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." Proverbs 14:12

I say boldly, and with no apology, there is only one correct answer this question, (although its truth can be expressed in many ways.) The answer is simply, "My faith is in Christ alone. Because of Jesus Christ and what He has done for me, may I enter your Heaven."

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Have you had this experience in your life? Maybe as a young child or teenager? Or even an adult, but you've walked away from it, because you didn't understand, or wavered in your belief? Has there been a moment in your life where you were one on one with God, and you had that heart to heart talk with Him, recognizing that you were a sinner and you needed His forgiveness?

If you have, great! You can rest in our Fathers grace and continue to seek his direction in your life..

If not, do you want to. I'm here to help. Message me. I'll respond, as long as you're seriously seeking.

Next time, my story….

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: