Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Short One?...

Short post today, I think...

Today, I visited Universal Studios. I must state upfront...Universal Studios has its own kind of magic. It's not Disney magic, nor does it need to be. It holds its own. This is not a slam toward UO...I'm just stating it's different from Disney in its own way.

The rides are a bit more cutting edge, and a good few of them are longer in duration. Which is a relief. After standing in line for 45 minutes (disclaimer---I stood in no line longer than 15 minutes today), you want a bit more length to the ride than 3-5 minutes.

The Transformers was by far my most favoritist (sic) ride today. I released myself to the ride technology, and experienced absolute crazy magic. Free-falling, being slammed around by Decepticons, bombs blowing up in your face...it was all too real. This was some of the most amazing ride technology ever used. I'm not the biggest fan of the movies, but the ride does so much more for you than the movie. You're smack dab in the middle of it all. Rode it three times.

Rip Ride Rockit coaster was the first thing I rode. Scariest roller coaster I've ever been on. I rode it once, which was enough for me. Next visit, maybe more, but I got my fix in this time around...

The Mummy was another roller coaster that was just nuts. Totally in the dark, with special effects themed by Brenden Frazier's The Mummy movies, I came out of my seat more than once. Literally. Zero Gs. Rode it twice.

Terminator 3D was fun, but there were other show/simulator/rides that take it up a notch or two.. The Simpsons, being one of them, was amazing, with a simulation experience similar to Star Tours at Disney. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem was crazy fun, and Shrek 4D was great as well. Lots of ride innovation in this place. Can't wait for Islands of Adventure, especially The Wizzarding World of Harry Potter.

I experienced the entire park today solo. My friend, David was wheelin' and dealin' at his job, and evidently had a busy and productive day. After the park I got to watch him and Cezar play pick up football,...I mean soccer,...no I mean football, and they tore it up in victory. Great fun!

Tomorrow shall be Blizzard Beach water park, and then EPCOT. in the afternoon, where I will experience some international cuisine at The International Food and Wine Festival.